August 09, 2021
Broiled Butterflied Chicken & Mashers
Combined Season 1 recipes Broiled, Butterflied Chicken
for tonight’s dinner. Served them up with some sauteed spinach.
Broiled, Butterflied Chicken
- Crowd: 3/5
- Ease: 3/5
- The recipe calls for a 3-4 pound chicken, but the smallest I could get was a 5 pounder. The chicken came out really moist and tender, however I had to add an extra 20-25 minutes to the cook time to get it to temp. That's expected, because the recipe is for a smaller bird.
- We think it would have been much better if it used way less pepper. It came out so peppery that I had to wash off my daughter's portion.
- AB says that the veggies give all they had during cooking but we ate the carrots anyway -- they weren't bad!
- The jus was fantastic! Next time I will turn it into a gravy.
- Crowd: 4/5
- Ease: 4/5
- Really liked these. Using both russets and red potatoes is a great move.
- Not our all-time-favorite mashed but they were up there. I don't usually have buttermilk on hand but this is a good use for it.